Tourist English Courses
Our tourist English courses provide students with a “practice environment” before using English to travel. We primarily focus on conversation skills as well as vocabulary and phrase building. Our tourist English courses are not categorised by level, although we do recommend a minimum of pre-intermediate (B1.1) to fully understand all the content. Because these courses are general levels, it means learners will find other English speakers who have slightly lower and slightly higher levels than themselves in the same course, this is a great way to push yourself in speaking.
The topics chosen are the essential stages of a trip to an English-speaking country, such as navigating an airport, checking in to a hotel and booking tickets for tourist attractions. Although the phrases we teach are set and based on activities provided in our supporting courses, there is a lot of flexibility in these lessons with students asking for translations for specific situations they need for their travels.
All our tourist English courses are for 20 people maximum, providing plenty of opportunity to practise speaking. Virtually Fluent Academy has the right to cancel the course if there are not enough participants enrolled. In this case, a full refund will be given.
- To learn phrases to comfortably navigate public situations on holiday, such as being at the airport, at a hotel, using public transport and shopping
- To simulate and feel comfortable conversing in typical tourist situations, such as making reservations, taking guided tours and ordering at a restaurant
- To learn topic-specific vocabulary and native idioms and phrases to communicate fluently in English
- To feel confident and comfortable using English to communicate on holiday
- To use both listening and speaking skills to hold a fluent conversation in English
Tourist English Course