Pre-A1 Personal Information
Use the arrows or click on the slide to navigate through the presentation.
- To learn questions to ask about personal information in English
- To learn phrases to respond to personal information questions
- 45 minutes
- Review information from previous classes. You can do this as a full class, selecting random students or separate into individual groups.
- Ask students to read all questions to check correct pronunciation.
- Ask students for the answers to the questions before checking the correct phrases.
- Ask students the questions individually to practise the phrases.
- Slides 49- 56: Review questions and answers
- Ask and answer the questions in pairs or ask students to present themselves in a paragraph (written or spoken) using the questions to guide them.
- Match the questions and answers together. Read all boxes before matching them together.
- Select a student to read the short text then answer the questions on slide 64. Ask students to identify the correct answers. Focus on the information rather than the correct form of the tenses.
- Ask students to create the questions for the information provided. Ensure that the question structures are correct. This could be done at random as a group or in pairs.
- Listen to the audio of the telephone number and ask students to write it down. Write in the chat to ensure the number is correct.
- Correct the sentence (this is a typical mistake for Spanish and French speakers)
- Ask students to clarify why it is incorrect.
- Give students a couple of minutes to write down 3 personal information questions.
- Ask them to ask another student the question. Ensure the students feel comfortable with the student names.
Round up – ask for clarifications/ questions and explain the homework, demonstrating the tools.